Listed below are links to the Garmin Website containing the software update changes for the unit you select below.
Press Menu> Configure>System>System Information.
We can update your system onboard your vessel or at the shop. If you are in need of this service please call us at 410-228-7335. Please note that Garmin updates don’t just affect the display unit. Other optional Garmin networked equipment attached such as radars, XM, GSD22, etc are updated as well. Because of this we recommend that all updates be done on board the vessel to maintain software update cohesion throughout the entire system. If you just have one display and nothing else on the network, sending the unit to us for updates should not be a problem.
Changes made from version 2.90 to 3.10 as of January 13, 2010
- Changed to support the hardware revision that allows the device to be powered from the NMEA 2000 bus. This update only benefits newly manufactured devices and will not affect units already produced.
Changes made from version 2.80 to 2.90:
- Added support for the GRA-10 Rudder Angle adaptor.
- Added support for the GST-10 Water Speed and Temperature adaptor.
- Added support for the GET-10 Engine Tilt adaptor.
- Added support for the GBT-10 Bennett Trim Tab adaptor.
- Added support for the GFL-10 Fluid Level adaptor.
- Added support for calibrating compatible Airmar depth, water speed, and temperature NMEA 2000 smart sensors.
- Increased number of fuel tanks that may be simultaneously displayed in the Fuel Instrument from 2 to 6.
- Increased number of fluid tanks and temperature sensors that may be displayed in the custom instrument.
- Added ability to display the following temperature data in a custom data page:
- Inside Temperature
- Engine Room Temperature
- Main Cabin Temperature
- Live Well Temperature
- Bait Well Temperature
- Refrigeration Temperature
- Heating System Temperature
- Dew Point Temperature
- Apparent Wind Chill
- Theoretical Wind Chill
- Heat Index
- Freezer Temperature
- Added Drift and Anchor Drag alarms.
- Added support for Metric Nautical units.
- Added support for Custom units in the startup wizard.
- Changed instances of ‘Battery Voltage’ to read ‘Unit Voltage,’ since Battery Voltage refers to the voltage at the battery, while the display shows the voltage at the unit.
- Added numeric indicators to half and quarter screen size Trim Tab instrument.
- Added Reset Odometer option to custom data pages that have a GPS or Water Odometer.
- Fixed issue with inserting custom instruments in front of a graph.
Changes made from version 2.70 to 2.80:
- Created a pre-configured Engine instrument, including support for both single and multiple engine displays, intelligent data organization, network synchronization of display, and improved graphical appearance.
- Added lean burn display for Honda engines.
- Added support for the following instruments:
- Engine oil temperature
- Engine coolant pressure
- Engine fuel pressure
- Engine boost pressure
- Transmission gear
- Transmission oil pressure
- Transmission oil temperature
- Fresh water tank level
- Waste water tank level
- Live well tank level
- Oil tank level
- Black water tank level
- Improved power-up backlight operation to better support night-time viewing.
- Added support for setting air and water temperature display offsets.
- Changed rudder instrument to support Simrad rudder sensors.
- Added the ability to customize the range and warning levels of gauge instruments and to share these settings over the network.
- Improved warning notification and added logging support.
- Added ability for certain alarms to be simultaneously acknowledged over the network.
- Added ability to insert a page into a custom instrument after the page currently being displayed.
- Eliminated use of dark text color as indication for when custom instrument data values are not being received.
- Improved responsiveness of the wind instrument.
- Added support for Autoguidance navigation data supplied by Garmin Chartplotters. (Must be matched with a suitable Garmin Chartplotter software version)